Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ike's world challenge - challenge # 10

Hello everyone!  Hope you are having a great week!  I'm here on my darker blog today to share with you a little DT make that I did for the new challenge over at Ike's world challenge. This time the challenge is about Valentine :)  Well I had to make something a bit quirky.... Let the me show up... and that day that I made it... well that's what I was feeling like doing to my hubby lol so it was better to do it on a card...

For this I used Honey....


The par for this is from DCWV - Premium pack.  I used my curved rectangle, large and small deckled rectangle, fallen angel and graveyeard scenes & shape dies all from Spellbinder (yup I could own part of that company).  I added some blackdiamond stickles to the heart.  I put a little brad and charm.

Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics.  I put a bit of added blood to the knife lol.  The fab sentiment is from Create with TLC.
So what do you think?!?  Was it better that I craft or that I do that to my hubby?!?  Of course the good thing is that I didn't lose him either!!! :)


  1. Left of center challenges - Cute/Creepy... I would say creepy lol
  2. Haunted design house - Rotten romance... yup romance can be rotten lol
  3. Smeared and smudged - Rock n roll - the cure lullaby...  I totally ADORED that song when I was in my 20s so my take on this is the spider web type background... the hair that she's wearing... pretty mad looking like the singer and well she's probably having someone for diner lol :)
So hope you have liked my little gruesome post :)



Crafting Vicky xo

12 comments:

  1. Bwaahhaha !!! Brilliant !!! Great colouring on her and that is a gorgeous background :-) Yes - I definitely think he's gotten off lightly hee hee :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my G-d Vicky you are hilarious...and deathly lol honest! I LOVE that way you do the sentiments...and LOVE the sentiment. It is so neat how you turn these mush crap sentiments into "real" experience sentiments...how you turn the happy into the flip side without any bones about it. I love that about you...providing the balance in life without fear of retaliation (this time from your partner lol) Your partner must be a good guy (or not have access to your art or blog) haha. I really like how you did HONEY's eyes! They are SOOOO goth and gorgeous. And that knife, could it be any more Dexter-ish? The real thing...I can see this whole homicide in action in your art. ewwww spookimunga! xoxox huggiezzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee hee yes well I have a great hubby :) And he knows I bark louder than my bite... so I bite with my art work and no... he doesn't check out the blog so he hasn't seen the post that went with the card lol

      Delete
  3. Awesome creation fabulous image colouring Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab background and sentiment and I love how you've done Honey's eyes! Perfect for our Rotten Romance challenge. thanks for playing in the dungeon at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky - you've really entered into the spirit of our challenge and almost dis-embowelling your OH is almost a bonus...! ;) LOL!
    Thank you so much for sharing your fab project with us at LOC - look forward to seeing you again next month!
    Hugs
    Eiglas (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOO just gorgeous Vicky, that dp is fabulous and couldn't be more perfect to go with the digi and your sentiment on this card :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great thanks for sharing at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous my friend. Definitely better to take it out on your card than the hubs himself. Man, where does Paulette come up with some of these sayings? I think that woman has had the life experience of 10 given the sayings she comes up with. I'd be lost without her work.

    Great background paper and I love the added blood on the knife. Just a way to dig it a little deeper metaphorically speaking.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so know how you fell about the hub's some days! (aka my little notebook =)) Love her and the striking red dress! Her face and body language is perfect for this saying. Awesome background papers, love those spellbinders also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Vicky!! love the dp and your sentiment is awesome! prob best you did it to the card than the hubby right enough! Thanks for sharing at Left of Center this fortnight! Mo dt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honey never looked better! And the sentiment matches her perfectly!
    Thanks for playing in the dungeon at HDH!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...